Creating an Online Account
If you don’t already have one, we recommend that you create a Covered California online account. This will allow you to view your application online and update your account information.
Steps to Create an Online Account for Existing Members
- Click on Sign In at the top of the screen.
- Click the “Create An Account” link below the Log In box and complete all the fields.
- Be sure to select the “Yes” radio button for the question “Do you have an Access Code to link an existing case to this application?”
- A box will appear where you will enter your access code. Note: If you have previously applied for coverage with an agent or service center representative, you will need this code to connect your coverage to this new online account. (Please call our Service Center at (800) 300-1506 to request your access code.)
- Select a username and password, as well as a PIN. Tip: Follow the Username and Password information.
- After completing all of the fields, read the “Terms and Conditions of Use” and “Notice of Privacy Practices.” Check the box after reading and continue.
- Click the “Next” button.
Forgotten User Name or Password
You can reset your password by clicking “Account Sign In” and then clicking the “Forgot Password?” link. Enter your user name. After you correctly answer your security questions, you will be able to enter a new password. If you do not remember the answers to your security questions, it is best to leave them unanswered and call the Service Center at (800) 300-1506. A Service Center representative can help reset your password.
Here are the rules for creating a password:
- Must be at least 8 characters.
- Cannot be more than 50 characters.
- Cannot contain dictionary words, names, and common keyboard patterns (example: Qwerty1!).
And must contain at least 3 of the following:
- UPPERCASE letter (A-Z).
- Lowercase letter (a-z).
- Number (0-9).
- Special character.